It’s ‘back-to-school’ time, which means getting both home and garden prepped for Fall! Hundreds of Central Texas’ most trusted experts will convene for the 19th Annual Austin Fall Home and Garden Show August 15th – 17th at the Austin Convention Center, 500 East Cesar Chavez. For nearly two decades, the Austin Fall Home & Garden Show has been dazzling guests with an impressive line-up of more than 200 vendors on everything from kitchens to landscapes and interior design to the ‘ultimate’ garage.
The Austin Fall Home & Garden Show is especially pleased to present Pete Nelson, of Animal Planet’s wildly popular ‘Treehouse Masters.’ He will be delighting audiences of all ages with his wild and wonderful treehouse creations. Presentations will be scheduled throughout the weekend. The true treehouse ‘master’ will field questions, give advice and share ideas with audiences.
Another recent, exciting addition to the Show is a special Gardening Stage. Guests with a green thumb (or those who wish to have a green thumb) can enjoy Expert Gardening Seminars on a wide variety of fascinating topics by Travis County Master Gardeners, Austin Pond Society, Bamboo Society, and Goodness Grows in Austin.
In addition to the garden seminars and beautiful landscaping booths, the show covers virtually every design, remodeling and building topic. Gorgeous fully furnished bedrooms, kitchens and living rooms await, as well as the ‘ultimate’ garage, closet organization and even fully assembled pools and spas. There are also experts on home security, budget shopping and greening a home.
One of the best elements of the Austin Fall Home and Garden Show is the rare opportunity to chat with experts on almost any design or building challenge, all under one roof. Dozens of roomy aisles allow for browsing countertops, floors, showers, tile, appliances, hardware and the latest multi-media, while talking face-to-face with the pros.
On the NARI (National Association of the Remodeling Industry) Stage, there will be an outstanding lineup of speakers presenting a number of compelling building and remodeling topics. They will hold fun and interactive seminars, answer questions, chat with guests and offer demonstrations.
Luckily, there’s no need to hire a sitter for the kids, because the Austin Fall Home & Garden Show has a wide range of activities for the entire family. A special ‘Kid’s Zone’ offers safe and fun activities by the Travis County Master Gardeners, Kids Arts & Crafts by Macaroni Kids, Kids Movies by COSTCO, coloring and cafts. New York Life will also be offering a Child ID Program for parents with fingerprinting and photographs.
Guests can also shop for handmade, artisan and GO TEXAN gifts and treats at the Art, Gift and Gourmet Center.
Finally, a house wouldn’t be a home without a family pet. The Austin Humane Society will be onsite with some furry friends ready for adoption. There will also be a display of animals, both the exotic and the familiar, by the Capitol of Texas Zoo.
At the door, the show is $8.50 for adults (17+), $6.50 for seniors (65+) all weekend, and free for those 16 and under. E-tickets can be purchased online for $6.50. And there is complimentary admission for all active duty military personnel (valid ID required). Visit http://www.austinhomeandgardenshow.com for a $1.00 off admission coupon. Free tote bags are available upon admission while supplies last.
The 19th Annual Austin Fall Home & Garden Show is sponsored by Time Warner Cable/TWC News, KXAN, KNVA, KBVO and KLBJ-AM.
The 19th Annual Austin Fall Home & Garden Show
Friday, August 15, 2-7pm
Saturday, August 16, 10am-7pm
Sunday, August 17, 11am-5pm
The Austin Convention Center
500 East Cesar Chavez Street
Austin, TX 78701
Metered parking, and Convention Center Parking:
2nd Street Garage
201 East 2nd Street, Austin, TX 78701. Entrances on Brazos and San Jacinto streets.
5th Street Garage
601 East 5th Street, Austin, TX 78701 Entrance on 5th Street, between Red River and Sabine streets.
Adults 17+ – $8.50
16 & Under – Free
Seniors 65+ – $6.50 (All Weekend)*
Active Duty Military – Free w/ ID
E-ticket – $6.50
*No further discounts applied to senior admission
$1.00 discount coupon at ShowTechnology.com or AustinHomeandGardenShow.com
FREE TOTEBAG (while supplies last)
- Celebrity Appearance by Pete Nelson host of Animal Planet’s hit show, ‘Treehouse Masters’
- All New Garden Stage! Expert Gardening Seminars by Travis County Master Gardeners, Austin Pond Society, Bamboo Society, Goodness Grows in Austin
- Builders and Remodelers get one on one advice from the pros
- Designer Room Showcase & Ultimate Garage explore the possibilities of your dream rooms and garage
- Expert Building & Remodeling Seminars by NARI (National Association of The Remodeling Industry)
- Onsite Plant Sale
- Closets and Storage clever ideas for home and garage organization
- Appliances, Fixtures and Hardware new ideas and expert advice
- Green Living earth-friendly andenergy-saving tips and ideas
- Home Improvement Zone featuring everything from the front door to the backyard
- Interior Design inspiration on breathtaking and comfortable interiors
- Latest trends in Kitchen & Bath browse cabinets, countertops, appliances and more
- Windows and Doors wide selection and energy efficient options
- Landscaping, Decks and Fencing creating a beautiful outdoor paradise and lush curb appeal
- Pools, spas and sunrooms for every budget inspiration to create a backyard getaway or enhance outdoor spaces
- Flooring & Appliances learn what works best in all spaces
- Furniture and Bedding from latest trends to timeless inspiration
- Home Technology and Security latest technology in keeping home and family safe
- Art, Gift & Gourmet Center pick up some locally made GO TEXAN gift and treats
- Kid Zone Featuring: Safe and fun Kids Activities by the Travis County Master Gardeners, Kids Arts & Crafts by Macaroni Kids, COSTCO Kids Movies, Coloring & Crafts, Child ID Program with fingerprinting & photos by New York Life
- Pet Zone with Pet Adoptions by the Austin Humane Society & Display of exotic and everyday animals by the Capitol of Texas Zoo
About Celebrity Guest Pete Nelson:
Pete got excited about treehouses at age 5 when his dad built him a tiny one behind the garage of their Ridgewood, NJ home. The scope and size of Pete’s treehouse fantasies expanded from there, but all of that appeared to run its course by the time he received his driver’s license. Unfashionably, Pete’s treehouse fantasies returned after graduating from college in Colorado with an economics degree. The carpenter and home-builder within him could not be silenced, and with an eye to become “the treehouse guy”, Pete embarked on a career path unique in this age.
The 1994 publication of “Treehouses: The Art and Craft of Living Out on a Limb” was the first book of its kind, and has culminated in the publication of five more books on the subject, a thriving treehouse building and supply company, a treehouse hotel, and a hit television series on Animal Planet.
Pete has been signing his books with the tag line “Be in a Tree” since the earliest days of the movement. He would like nothing more than to put you there. He lives with his wife, Judy, in Fall City, Washington.