We never really had a problem with allergies until we moved to our new house 7 years ago. That first week, months were eye opening! We do not have seasonal allergies, we have year round allergies.
So I was really excited when I was selected to be a Children’s Claritin® Mom Crew Member. This gives me the insight in to the company I never had before and the opportunity to share my experiences with my readers. Check back often for information about Children’s Claritin®.
Spring Allergy Tips
It’s not surprising that in the season notorious for allergies, we have the most tips to share! Beginning as early as February, invisible pollens from hardwood deciduous trees are big troublemakers for many allergy sufferers. But there’s no reason to be miserable. These tips can help you minimize your exposure to allergens, and be prepared as possible for the pollen storm that’s on the horizon.
- Start taking Claritin® allergy products as soon as symptoms start.
- Having medication on hand will help you prepare for allergy symptoms.
- Know your nemesis.
- When you understand what triggers your allergy symptoms, you can make an extra effort to avoid them. For example, grass pollen levels rise when grass is disturbed, so if that’s one of your triggers, wear a mask when mowing or avoid mowing altogether.
- Beat the clock.
- Peak pollen production can occur in early morning, so try to plan outside activities at other times of the day.
- Check the forecast.
- Avoid going outdoors when pollen counts are high. Also, heavy rains wash pollen from the air, making post-shower outings more comfortable. Beware of dry, windy days when pollen can be particularly intense. (Get the pollen counts and weather forecast for your area and sign up for the Claritin® Allergy Forecast.)
Disclaimer: As a member of the Children’s Claritin Mom Crew, I receive product samples and promotional items to share and use as I see fit. No monetary compensation has taken place and any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experiences.