Barton Creek Square, Lakeline Mall, The Domain, Round Rock Premium Outlets and San Marcos Premium Outlets today announced that they will be participating in a national engagement with Susan G. Komen® to support the fight against breast cancer, engaging employees, retailers and shoppers in ‘Mission Pink®’ events throughout the month of October.
“As active members in this community, Simon properties provide an ideal backdrop for raising awareness and encouraging support in finding a cure for breast cancer, a disease we know affects many of our employees, retailers and shoppers every year,” said Jana Griswold, Director of Marketing at Barton Creek Square.
“We are delighted to be working with the dedicated people at Simon,” said Dr. Judy Salerno, Komen President and CEO. “With one case of breast cancer diagnosed every two minutes in the U.S., programs like Simon’s ‘Mission Pink’ play a key role in bringing our mission to people in communities across the country. The support of Simon and their customers will help us fund research, provide support to women, men and families suffering from breast cancer, and move toward a world with no breast cancer.”
Visitors to Barton Creek Square, Lakeline Mall, The Domain, Round Rock Premium Outlets and San Marcos Premium Outlets will notice that the Guest Services booth will be outfitted in pink and staff will be honoring National Breast Cancer Awareness Month by donning pink accessories. Other planned activities include:
- Wall of Strength (Barton Creek Square, Lakeline Mall, Round Rock Premium Outlets, San Marcos Premium Outlets), Throughout October – For a $1 donation, survivors, families and / or friends write their message of strength on a foam board brick, and are encouraged to take a picture and share via social media.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Day (all properties), Dates vary – Wear pink to show your support for breast cancer awareness month and to receive special discounts at participating retailers. To learn more about Komen’s breast health services and awareness messages, shoppers can visit each property’s Susan G. Komen table, located at Simon Guest Services.
- Barton Creek Square, Saturday, October 24; 1-4 pm – Shoppers will enjoy a pink lip station and photo booth encouraging them to give breast cancer a kiss goodbye. Additionally, shoppers who wear pink will receive a free ice cream cone courtesy of Chick-fil-A.
- Lakeline Mall, Saturday, October 17; 1-4 pm
- The Domain, Saturday, October 10; 1-4 pm
- Round Rock Premium Outlets, Saturday, October 17 – Shoppers can enjoy demonstrations from 11 am-1 pm and a pink-themed fashion show at 6pm.
- San Marcos Premium Outlets, Saturday, October 10, 17, 24; 10 am-5 pm
- Surprise and Delight (The Domain, San Marcos Premium Outlets) – One of the lucky shoppers wearing pink in support of breast cancer awareness will be randomly selected to receive ‘Mission Pink’ treats.
- The Domain, Saturday, October 10
- San Marcos Premium Outlets, Saturday, October 10, 17, 24
- Style Passes (Barton Creek Square, The Domain), Throughout October: Shoppers can donate to the cause by purchasing a retailer discount Style Pass for $5. 100 percent of the proceeds will benefit Susan G. Komen.
- Voucher Program (San Marcos Premium Outlets, Round Rock Premium Outlets), Throughout October: $10 voucher cards, available at Guest Services, will offer 25 percent off one item at all participating retailers. One hundred percent of these donations will benefit Susan G. Komen.
During October 2015, Simon is proud to support Susan G. Komen through various fundraising initiatives, and along with the help of generous customers, will guarantee a contribution of at least $250,000.
For more information and a complete list of activations and events, please visit www.simon.com/mall/barton-creek-square, www.simon.com/mall/lakeline-mall, www.simon.com/mall/the-domain, www.premiumoutlets.com/roundrock/ or www.premiumoutlets.com/sanmarcos/.